Introduction to Visual Literacy

Understanding the challenges of effectively “Seeing”

Seeing More Effectively Requires A Systematic Approach

We are bombarded by millions of pieces of data every minute but can only deal with a small percentage. At any given moment you are only seeing 10% of what you think you’re seeing; the remaining 90% is filled in by our brain. This innate coping mechanism can inevitably lead to errors that are caused by bias, assumption, and miscommunication. And these errors can lead to serious injury or death.

 

intro to vl rich 600x300

COVE Has Developed A Learning Process Based On Visual Literacy And Its Application To Occupational Safety.

We introduce new techniques and methods to begin identifying, spotting, and investigating potential safety issues within our workplace.

Download Brochure
visionyellow
Initial Studies Indicate That Up To 24% Of Safety Incidents May Be In Part Vision Related!

Immerse Yourself In Visual Literacy Principles

Join us for a 2 Day Introduction to Visual Literacy workshop where you will learn tools and techniques for seeing more of the environment around you.

Learn More About Workshops
Benefits of Visual Literacy in Workplace Safety

analyze-risk

Enhanced Decision 
Making and Analysis
 

reduce potential incidents

Reduce
Potential Incidents

safety-performance

Invigorate
Existing Programs

analyze-risk
Improved 
Employee Engagement
 

innovative approach

Innovative Approach
To Safety

improved analytical skills

Improved Analytical
Skills and Capabilities

Module: Introduction to Visual LIteracy

As part of our Visual Literacy program, COVE is pleased to announce the release of our Introduction to Visual Literacy training module. This module is a prerequisite for understanding the methodologies and principles for the modules to come.

Organizations strive for continuous improvement in their safety results. This module provides employees with new tools to see risk in common situations from a new perspective, using skills and approaches to identify hazards they did not see before.

Additional Modules
 
* Modules are available under a license agreement and supports a train-the-trainer approach.

White Paper:

Seeing the Gaps in Your Safety Program

As organizations struggle to make safety training interesting and as they find it hard to ‘keep things fresh’, Visual Literacy offers a vehicle by which safety officers can address a clear and important gap in their safety programs – and simultaneously renew and refresh existing programs.

WP-seeng-safety-gap-document

 

OWENS CORNING CASE STUDY

TMOA18_010P_COVE_Marketing_OC_B1.0_Page_1

Prior to integrating COVE principles into their existing safety training, Owen's Corning had an established HRC training and certification process that focused on how employees typically were injured. Although they had great success with this program, they wanted to embed Visual Literacy practices and concepts into its Hazard Recognition and Control 2.0 program.

Download Case Study