By Kristin Zinkl on Feb 3, 2020 1:27:21 PM
If you're familiar with COVE and the Visual Literacy methodology you may be thinking to yourself a few of the following questions:
- This is a really interesting approach but how do I get started?
- How does the train-the-trainer work?
- What are the modules and what do they cover?`
You're not alone, these are great questions and in this blog we'll answer all them and explore the typical journey we've seen people take.
You’re Ready To Take The First Step
Most companies begin their Visual Literacy journey by participating in one of our Foundations of Visual Literacy Open Workshops. This is a good way to get grounded in what Visual Literacy is, why it matters to us as individuals, and how it connects to the work that we do in safety.Attendees Will Have An Opportunity To:
- Develop a deep understanding of the principles of Visual Literacy, learning the core constructs, models and framework
- Obtain techniques to read, comprehend and write Visual Literacy - Interact with unusual artifacts from the world of art to appreciate the complexity of seeing fully
- Participate in a broad range of exercises to apply Seeing the Whole PICTURE® that helps develop skills in application of techniques
- Consider how Visual Literacy can be applied to your organization and your safety and production processes
Participants leave with tools and techniques that can be applied immediately to improve their ability to be more visually literate. COVE also offers dedicated company workshops for the same purpose, and tailored, to the extent possible, to the company's industry and challenges.
Training Your Trainers In Visual Literacy
Once an organization is ready to move forward with a facility or company deployment plan, we can train your trainers to deliver the Visual Literacy experience.
COVE provides a a detailed explanation of the available modules (Introduction to Visual Literacy, Hazard Identification and Incident Investigation). We cover main themes, module exercises and accompanying materials, and guidance on how to leverage within your existing safety programs.
Trainers will receive:
- Role and responsibility guidelines in the role as facilitator
- Simple techniques on how to actively listen to participants to ensure their responses are not only aligned but are also correct
- Tactics to help engage participants and ensure a common understanding of the content being delivered
- Methods to ensure instructions are communicated clearly and accurately so participants know precisely what task they need to do
- All trainers must first complete the Foundations of Visual Literacy two-day workshop
- Train-the-Trainer model operates under a license agreement*
*Operating Under A License Agreement
COVE's Train the Trainer model supports client implementations under a license agreement. The license is based on the number of people in your organization and allows you the rights to utilize COVE’s materials for your training purposes.
So, ready to take the next step?
If you think you're ready to see what Visual Literacy is all about we encourage you to register for one of our upcoming Foundations of Visual Literacy workshops. You can learn more about them on our events page. If you're curious but still have questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us directly email@example.com or (567) 343-1405.